Our chairing skills workshops are highly practical and focus on how to achieve the best results in your meetings. Regardless of whether you are an experienced chair or have never done it before, we have a workshop to suit you.
Chairing practice and tradition is often influenced by the traditions of your industry or sector. We can adapt your workshop for the private, public or voluntary sectors.
Here are some examples of course content which we have covered in other chairing skills workshops:
- Defining the role of the Chair
- What makes a successful Chair
- How to be firm, fair and respected
- Understanding the role of a chair in different settings
- Making the most of the available administrative support
- Managing the time, the process and the people
- Why time matters and how to control it
- What needs to be done before the meeting
- The importance of the agenda
- During the meeting tips for keeping the situation under control
- Recognising and responding appropriately to different behaviour styles
- Communicating assertively
- How to run an effective question and answer session
- Managing difficult discussions
- Creative Debate – what it is and how to promote it
- Chairing a culturally diverse meeting
- The implications of gender communication styles for a Chair
How to plan your course
Identify three key areas which you want your workshop to focus on. These may include the topics above – or you may want to include other topics. Contact us by email or phone (details below) and we will work with you to design a workshop which will meet your team members’ needs.
Using your ideas and examples drawn from the participants’ experience, we will write and deliver a workshop to your precise requirements.
The Midas Approach
We tailor the content of every individual workshop to best fit the skill level and needs of the participants.
All of our workshops are highly interactive, and give the participants lots of opportunities to put theories into practice. Our highly experienced trainers will pass on the tips which will help your staff members succeed.