There are many different aspects of communication. Some of these are complex and can be run as one day workshops in their own right.
In all our communication skills courses, we begin by encouraging our participants to reflect on the styles and techniques of communication that they currently use. They then learn how they might choose to adapt their style in different situations to get the best possible outcome.
Here are a few of the topics we often include in our communications skills courses:
- Assertive verbal skills
- Effective listening
- Confident communication
- Non-verbal communication (including body language)
- Questioning skills
- Building rapport
- How to develop your Emotional Intelligence
- Neurolinguistic Programming (NLP) and how it affects communication
- Transactional analysis and the dangers of crossed communication
- Giving feedback
- How to say no
- What to do when someone does not want to listen
- Communicating in difficult situations or with difficult people
- Persuasive and influential communication
- Voice skills
- Gender difference in communication
- Written communication
- Social media, online and email communication
- Choosing the right words
- How to make an impact
Many clients find it helpful to follow a communications workshop with a session on influencing and negotiation, or to run a series of one day modules to cover all the above areas in depth for their teams.
How to plan your course
Identify three key areas which you want your workshop to focus on. These may include the topics above – or you may want to include other topics. Contact us by email or phone (details below) and we will work with you to design a workshop which will meet your team members’ needs.
Using your ideas and examples drawn from the participants’ experience, we will write and deliver a workshop to your precise requirements.
The Midas Approach
We tailor the content of every individual workshop to best fit the skill level and needs of the participants.
All of our workshops are highly interactive, and give the participants lots of opportunities to put theories into practice. Our highly experienced trainers will pass on the tips which will help your staff members succeed.