Almost every kind of organisation has meetings, and when they are run properly they offer a chance for co-ordination, communication and decision making.
By arranging a training course on meeting skills for your organisation, you can help make your meetings more positive and productive. By including all the people that attend meetings, rather than just the Chair you help the whole team to change their normal behaviours and co-operate to improve the experience of meetings.
We offer separate training courses on Chairing Skills if that is more appropriate for your needs.
These topics may be included in our Meeting Skills training courses:
- What makes an effective meeting?
- Clarifying the purpose and setting the agenda
- The impact of the physical environment on how meetings work
- The role of a Chair in meetings
- The role of different types of meeting attendees
- Understanding how people process information
- The dynamics of a meeting
- Effective decision making in meetings
- Positive behaviour in meetings
- Get your message across successfully
- Influencing the outcome of a meeting
- Avoiding red herrings and other problems
- Dealing effectively with challenges and questions
- Understanding and encouraging Creative Debate
How to plan your course
Identify three key areas which you want your workshop to focus on. These may include the topics above – or you may want to include other topics. Contact us by email or phone (details below) and we will work with you to design a workshop which will meet your team members’ needs.
Using your ideas and examples drawn from the participants’ experience, we will write and deliver a workshop to your precise requirements.
The Midas Approach
We tailor the content of every individual workshop to best fit the skill level and needs of the participants.
All of our workshops are highly interactive, and give the participants lots of opportunities to put theories into practice. Our highly experienced trainers will pass on the tips which will help your staff members succeed.